Developing Your Skills - Entrepreneurship
Grade Level: 9th
Subject: Preparing for College and Careers
Duration: 50 minutes (2 days)
DOK Level: 3
SAMR Level: 2
PCC- 6.5 Demonstrate leadership and responsibility by using interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
PCC-6.7 Demonstrate initiative to assess past experiences, plan future progress, and expand
lifelong learning opportunities to advance skill levels towards a professional level.
PCC-7.1 Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for seeking employment
Student will demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship as it applies to services/products by researching and presenting a new service/product.
A. What is an "entrepreneur"?
B. Do you know an entrepreneur?
C. Can you think of products or services you use because of the efforts of an entrepreneur?
1. Discuss essential questions: A. What is an "entrepreneur"? B. Do you know an entrepreneur? Share C. Can you think of products or services you use because of the efforts of an entrepreneur?
2. Watch the attached video entitled "10 Self-Made Teenage Entrepreneurs".
3. Brainstorm as a class what you believe to be the personal characteristics of the entrepreneurs from the video.
4. Within a group of three, create a service/product that would be marketable (see rubric)
5. “Sell” your idea to the class for evaluation.
Product or Assessment:
- Participation in the introductory discussion of “essential questions”
- Rubric evaluation of service/product presentation below.
Explore test markets for new services/products which are in development stages.
Group Members: ________________________________________________
|Essential ElementsOf Produce/Service||3 = Awesome||2 = Pretty Good||1 = No Way!!!!|
|1 - Stated Purpose of Service/Product||Stated purpose seems well thought out and reasonable||Stated purpose has potential but needs tweaking||Stated purpose is not reasonable - go back to the drawing board|
|2 -Service/Produce Meets Apparent Need||This service/product clearly meets an existing need||This service/product could meet an existing need if some changes were implemented||There is not a current need for this service/product|
|3 - Feasibility of Delivering this Service/Product is Apparent||This service/product appears feasible to implement or produce||This service/product appears feasible if some changes were implemented||This service/product is not feasible to implement or produce|
|4 - The Cost Benefit of the Service/Product||The implementation of this service/product could prove profitable||The implementation of this service/product could prove profitable if changes were implemented||The implementation of this service/product could not prove profitable|