- Proportional relationships are everywhere. They are used to compare professional athletes and to help shoppers get the “best bang for their buck” at the grocery store. They help us build models and designs and are used in many business applications. This lesson plan introduces proportional relationships, ratios and unit rates at the grade 6/7 (C) level and requires adult learners to apply ratios in the context of cooking. The bonus challenge: the learner completes Worksheet 2 and modifies a larger quantity ofthe ingredients.
- Remix of:
- Recipes & Ratios - DRAFT
- English Language Arts, Mathematics
- Middle School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson
- Deborah Madden
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.