Units included with this Open Author resource:
- Chapter 1 Essential Ideas
- Learning goals:
- To train students to extract important information from OpenStax reading assignments.
- Flipped Classroom, General Chemistry, Study Guide, Undergraduate, Video Tutorials, Critical Reading, Openstax
- Chapter 2 Atoms, Molecules, Ions
- Chapter 3 Compositions of Substances and Solutions
- Chapter 4 Stoichiometry of Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 5 Thermochemistry
- Chapter 6 Electronic Structure and Periodic Properties of Elements
- Chapter 7 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Geometry
- Chapter 8 Advanced Theories of Covalent Bonding
- Chapter 9 Gases
- Chapter 10 Liquids and Solids
- Chapter 11 Solutions and Colloids
Here you can find reading guides that were created by Montgomery College faculty for undergraduate general chemistry students to use to guide their reading of OpenStax Chemistry. These guides are closely aligned with chapters 1-11 and were designed for use in the first semester sequence of general chemistry. They can be used in a flipped-style classroom where students complete them before the lecture. Or they can be used to reinforce important topics learned in class. Each study guide has fill-in-the blank style questions, as well as links to videos where similar problems are worked through. Finally, suggested practice problems relevant to the topic of each study guide are listed at the end.