- Students use the 5 Ws (who, what, when, where, why, and how) to evaluate an information source and determine if they would cite it in a paper. This assignment is used as an information literacy exercise at the University of Tennessee Libraries, where students are given a New York Times column to read before completing the assignment in groups.
For a copy of this resource as it was originally given to students, go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vtrPDaeiV6VFJUYUNzRGlfb00/view?usp=sharing. Results of the use of this activity were shared in an article published in the journal Reference & User Services Quarterly 53, no. 4 (Summer 2014): 334-347.
- Arts and Humanities, Business and Communication, Education, Social Science
- High School, Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Homework/Assignment
- Rachel Radom
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.