Reaching Out is our child welfare practice journal that is celebrating its 14th year of production. The publication examines current issues in child welfare practice with a particular focus on Northern California counties. Each issue highlights one topic area and offers articles on best and promising practices, profiles of northern counties and other successful jurisdictions throughout the country, research analysis, state and federal regulations updates, articles for administration, tips for social workers and resources specific to each topic area and more.
Looking for something else? Return to the CHS Resource Barn by clicking here.
Reaching Out Catalog (Past Issues)
- Spring 2017 - Coaching in the Field of Child Welfare
- Winter 2015 – Safety Organized Practice
- Summer 2014 – Innovative Practice: Entry into Care
- Spring 2013 – Well-Being in the Child Welfare System
- Fall 2012 - AB 12/Extended Foster Care
- Fall 2011 - Engaging in Safety Organized Practice
- Spring/Summer 2011 - Surviving These Challenging Times
- Summer 2010 - Meth Grant Special Edition
- Winter 2010 – Fathers and the Child Welfare System
- Spring/Summer 2009 - Concurrent Planning: Existing Challenges and New Possibilities
- Fall 2008 - Visiting: New Guidelines for Child Welfare Social Workers
- Spring 2008 - Children and Incarcerated Parents
- Fall 2007 - Permanency, Part II: Continuing Our Focus on Current Issues
- Spring 2007 - Permanency, Part 1
- Fall 2006 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Today's Child Welfare System
- Spring 2006 - Native American Communities and the Child Welfare System
- Summer 2005 - What is Rural Practice, Anyway?
About the Academy
If you would like to learn more about the Northern California Training Academy, please visit the Academy website.