- Students who migrated to the USA from Mexico or any other country when they were kids are the learner audience. However, this lesson series can be adapted for other types of learners. Each lesson will take up to 30 minutes. The topic of lesson #1 is social stratification and the American dream. The students will learn about these two concepts. The goals of lesson #2 are to learn how to create charts and graphs in a PowerPoint after collecting data through interviews and compare/ contrast results with National Survey 2005 NY Times. Lesson #3’s topic is about race as ascribed characteristics and its influence on social mobility. Students will integrate and evaluate information they collected and present their own ideas in discussions. Lesson #4’s topic is how gender can affect people’s ability to climb the economic ladder. During lesson #5 students will present their findings in class and reflect on their experience learning about the topic of the American dream and whether it is achievable or not.
- English Language Arts, Social Science
- Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Data Set, Homework/Assignment, Lecture
- Nadezda Pimenova
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.