Units included with this Open Author resource:
- Unit 1: Introduction to the Research Project
- Learning goals:
- Discover, discuss, and write about relevant issues and arguments that could lead to a research topic
- claim, thesis, introduction, outline
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.11-12.1a, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.11-12.1b, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.11-12.1d
- Unit 1: The Thesis Statement: A Crucial Step
This resource is to introduce the research process, how to find relevant information, and how to compile a varied source list for your argumentative essay. The second portion focuses on thesis statement/claim crafting, outlining, introductions and conclusion drafting.