- Activity where students make as many rectangles as possible that have a set perimeter and compare how their areas differ.
Major Concept: Squares provide the most area with the same perimeter. Students will also relate how the formulas for area and perimeter of rectangles relate to the building of those figures.
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson Plan, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Tabatha Myers
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.