- Science and Technology
- California State University, Fullerton
- Video and Image Data Access
- Primary, Secondary
Molecules of odor travel from their source up into our noses. The molecules travel up into the olfactory area. The molecules dissolve into a mucous membrane there and nerves carry the information taken from the molecule to the brain. We perceive a distinct smell after this process.
- Course Type:
- Learning Module
- Material Type:
- Curriculum Standards, Images and Illustrations
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
- Curriculum Standards:
- National Science Education Standards|California Science Content Standards
- Conditions of Use:
Creative Commons Attribution 2.5
Creative Commons Attribution license unless otherwise noted on individual item.