- Science and Technology
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme
- Secondary, Post-secondary
The IGBP Climate-Change Index brings together key indicators of global change: atmospheric carbon dioxide, temperature, sea level and sea ice. It will be released annually.
The index gives an annual snapshot of how the planet's complex systems - the ice, the oceans, the land surface and the atmosphere - are responding to the changing climate.
The index rises steadily from 1980 - the earliest date the index has been calculated.
The change is unequivocal, it is global, and it is in one direction.
- Course Type:
- Learning Module
- Material Type:
- Activities and Labs, Simulations, Video Lectures
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video